Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dallas Photographer | Let's Be Real + A Preview

Today is a day of honesty. Today I can honestly say getting out of bed was hard. I can honestly say my day job, although it had some exciting moments of laughter and giggles, was hard. I can honestly say the meeting with my mentor I am about to go through will be particularly hard. And I can honestly say willing myself to go to class today will be extremely hard. But I can also honestly say that my God has carried me through this day so far and he will continue to do so. I have to trust that when it feels like everything is spinning out of control, he isn't in the least bit worried. Although there are times when all I want to do is be angry at him and blame him for the lack of consistency in my life,I have to trust him. I have to put aside my angst to fix everything and lay here broken while God takes control of the fixing and the mending and the gluing. Because that's what he does. He fixes things that are broken and turns them into miraculously beautiful things; things that would not be so beautiful had I continued to control them myself. 

So to sum it all up, it's been one of "those days." But sometimes I need those days to look at the brokenness before me so I can realize the need to hand over the reigns to God. So this is me. Being real and being honest. Telling God to take control and fix it. 

"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that he has done..."
1 Chronicles 16: 11-12

"Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand...My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...It is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works."
Psalm 73: 23, 26, 28

"...And to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:19

Praise God that we are able to know the love of Christ and we are able to feel his presence in our times of need. Praise God for his strength and security no matter how far we've flung ourselves away from him. Praise God.

While we are praising God, let me just introduce you to this gorgeous woman. This is Rebecca and I am so thankful for her heart and her spirit. If anyone is an example of a woman of God it is her. I won't give away too much but just be prepared for more of her beautiful self that is yet to come. :)


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment